Tuesday, April 24, 2012

'Slovak Prince'


DSC04414F


'Slovak Prince' is one of the last additions to my collection of irises, I haven’t purchased any new ones in almost three years. I’m going to be on the lookout for some beauties though. I think it’s just gorgeous. I can’t believe this particular bloom has last for so many days…

DSC04418F


This iris was introduced in 2002. It ranges in height from 24 to 36 inches. It has beautiful purple falls, with a gold beard and rim. All the information I’ve read on it says it blooms mid season, but it always blooms early for me.

DSC04419F


Hope everyone has a great week. :0)

3 comments:

  1. Randy,
    Sometimes it is hard to imagine something so fragile and delicate looking grows and flourishes in the outdoors. A most exquisite iris. – gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! I love the gold edges on the standards and the purple falls. Glorious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I enjoy every one that I get!